Governors are volunteers who work in partnership with the school to ensure that children receive the best education possible.
We value governor involvement in the life and work of Sandown School and would encourage you to think about becoming a member of the Sandown School governing body when an appropriate opportunity arises. Parent Governor vacancies are notified by a letter to parents and guardians and mentioned in the school newsletter. Anyone can become a school Governor based on how their skills would fit with the current needs of the governing body. Information on the role of School Governors can be found at http://www.kent.gov.uk/education-and-children/schools/school-governors/become-a-school-governor or you can contact the Chair of Governors at email@example.com
Our membership consists of:
2018.2019 Sandown School Full Governing Body:
- Sandie Butcher – Chair of Governors and Co-opted Governor. Term of Office 05 December 2018 to 04 December 2022
- Tina Barton - Vice Chair of Governors and Co-opted Governor. Term of Office 02 December 2015 to 01 December 2019
- Kate Luxford – Head Teacher. Appointed April 2012 and continuous
- Charles Miller – Co-opted Governor. Term of Office 05 December 2018 to 04 December 2022
- Nick Tompkins - Co-opted Governor. Term of Office 02 December 2015 to 01 December 2019
- Sophie Littlechild - Co-opted Governor. Term of Office 25 January 2017 to 24 January 2021
- Phil Sutcliffe – Co-opted Governor. Term of Office 13 September 2017 to 12 September 2021
- Luke Mussett – Parent Governor. Term of Office 13 September 2017 to12 September 2021
- Susan Rowe – Co-opted Governor. Term of Office 19 September 2018 to 18 September 2022
- Rebecca Barnard – Staff Governor. Term of Office 10 October 2018 to 09 October 2022
- Peter Fishlock – Parent Governor. Term of Office 29 September 2018 to 28 September 2022
All Parent Governors are nominated and elected by parents
Co-Opted Governors are appointed by the LGB
Business Interests declared
- Sandie Butcher - Governor at Castle Hill School Folkestone and Interim Trustee DEALT
- Tina Barton - Link Tutor
- Kate Luxford – Director Whole School Meals Staff member
- Phil Sutcliffe – related by marriage to member of Sandown Staff
- Rebecca Barnard – Staff Member
- Peter Fishlock – Co-Director of Community Interest Company
A= Apologies accepted by FGB
- = N/A
Note additional budget meeting 19 May 2016 not included in attendance register as this was a meeting at short notice to deal with 1 agenda item.
The Sandown Governing Body re-constituted in Feb 2015.
Sandown Governing body follows the Circle structure with a Resources Committee (finance, pay and personnel).
Resources Committee members are as follow:
Kate Luxford, Sandie Butcher, Charles Miller, Sophie Littlechild, Fran Lashmar and Sue Rowe - Chaired by Sandie Butcher.
GOVERNORS’ REGISTER OF BUSINESS INTERESTS 2015/16:
Interests declared are:
Kate Luxford: Member of Sandown staff
Sandie Butcher: Governor at Castle Hill Primary School Folkestone & IEB Governor St Nicholas, Romney Marsh (ended May 2016)
Tina Barton: Link Tutor and Teacher Folkestone Girls School
Rebecca Barnard: Member of Sandown staff
Phil Suttcliffe: Related by marriage to a member of staff