Kidzone - The Sandown after school club
For your child this means an environment where they feel safe, supported and encouraged. It is a place to be with friends and make new ones, and be able to try out new activities, to relax, to have fun and enjoy themselves.
At Kidzone we believe all children have the right to play; play is the basis to providing healthy development and the wellbeing of individuals. We provide a balanced structure of activities and play experiences, tailored to the current weather environment.
• Early collection is possible at any time.
• Children from Year R and Year 1 are escorted by a member of staff to the after school club. On arrival all children are recorded in the attendance register.
• During the last week of the Autumn, Spring and Summer Terms, the Club finishes one day prior to last day of term for school closedown.
• To attend Kidzone your child must be registered and routine sessions for a term reserved beforehand online. If School Money is not allowing you to book the session required, it means that the session is fully booked and you will need to make alternative arrangements.
• Adhoc additional bookings can be made, subject to availability, and can be booked online if more than 24hrs notice, or booked via the School Office if less than 24hrs notice.
• Bookings must be cancelled with a minimum of 24hrs notice of cancellation or you will be charged for the session. This can be via the School Office or the online booking system.
• Sickness is an exception to the time rule but payment will still be required (due to the space already booked for your child).
• School Office number 01304 374951.
• Kidzone Club Leader – 07747 877605.
• Fees for all sessions, reserved or adhoc, must be paid in full by the end of the current term and future attendance will be at risk if payment is not received in time.
• All fees must be paid by our online banking system, SchoolMoney; details are available from the School Office.
• Kidzone fees are reviewed on an annual basis.
Provision of food:
• Toast and a selection of toppings (jam, spreads, marmite etc)
• A selection of fruit
• Free flowing water and squash.
Collection of Child(ren):
• All Children must be collected by 6pm prompt, so the school can be secured and staff can go home too! If collection takes place later than 6pm, then you will be charged for an additional session @ £7.50.
• All children must be collected by a parent or guardian who is known to the Kidzone staff. Parents and guardians will be required to sign their children out of the Kidzone register when they collect them.
• If you have a family emergency and need to make alternative arrangements this must be by notifying the School Office and providing a security password that the alternative ‘collector’ must provide to the Kidszone staff on arrival. Failure to do so will prevent your child from being released while we contact you for confirmation.
• If your child has any medical conditions you must notify the School Office so we can be informed and trained if need be to support your child.
• In the event that your child becoming unwell or is injured while attending the Kidzone club, our staff will aim to contact you immediately and we expect you to arrange their collection as soon as practicable.
• In the event that decisions are required, in the interest of your child’s health and welfare, the Kidzone Leader or their deputy will act on your behalf.
• In the event that your child has sickness/diarrhoea they must not attend for 48 hours post being clear of symptoms.
Welfare and Discipline:
Parental Support is key to behavioural standard. we expect that you will support and encourage the aims of the Kidzone team and ensure that your children are encouraged to display the expected behaviours, punctuality, politeness, co-operation and engagement with staff and pupils.
Parents and guardians who have registered their children accept that the Kidzone Leader and staff have the authority to take reasonable action to safeguard the welfare of all children and staff while at Kidzone. Kidzone follows the Sandown School behaviour guidelines.
Removal from Kidzone – in the event that your child’s behaviour does not meet the standards required for attendance, then we will consult with you to rectify this. In the event of this not being achieved, we reserve the right to exclude your child from attending Kidzone.
Parents and guardians must ensure that the Headteacher is notified of any information to safeguard or promote their child’s welfare. Kidzone staff will be informed of sensitive issues concerning a child on a ‘need to know’ basis only.
REGISTRATION FORM: please click here and complete. Please hand to Mrs Holmes on your child's first visit to the Club or if their details have changed.