School Uniform & PE Kit list
We encourage all our children to take a pride in their school and in their personal appearance. Consequently, with the support of parents, staff, governors and the children themselves, all children are expected to wear school uniform. The benefits of this, both to the children and to Sandown, are many and we would ask for your full co-operation and support in seeing that all Sandown pupils are uniformly dressed.
Our School Uniform is as follows:
- Navy v-necked jumper, cardigan or Sandown school sweatshirt or cardigan.
- Plain white or blue shirt or polo shirt – long or short sleeved.
- School tie optional.
- Grey or black trousers or tailored shorts (not sports or leisure).
- Grey or navy skirt or pinafore.
- Plain grey or navy blue socks or tights. White ankle socks or long socks may be worn in the summer.
- NO jewellery may be worn except small, plain stud earrings. If earrings cannot be removed, they must be covered by micropore tape to be sent in from home.
- Hair fastenings should be discrete and in keeping with school uniform colours.
- Make-up, including nailpolish, should not be worn.
Our School PE Kit is as follows:
- Plain House-colour t-shirt (Red, Yellow, Blue or Green). Sandown t-shirts can be purchased.
- Plain navy or black shorts.
- Plain navy or black tracksuit sweatshirt or hooded top and trousers (no logos). Plain white, navy or black socks to be changed into if wearing tights.
- Black plimsolls.
- Trainers for outdoor PE in Yr1 and above.
- Micropore tape for covering earrings.
We also ask that all children to have a waterproof coat in school every day, regardless of the weather.
Please ensure that all items of clothing are very clearly named!