Hook: Art Gallery visit
- Maths: Place value, addition and subtraction
- English: Narrative - Setting description (Flood book) Non Chronological – Letter to Art Gallery
- SPAG: Variation in sentence structures/ adjectives / fronted adverbials/ Commas after fronted adverbials / Nouns and pronouns / A wider range of conjuntions formal and informal language/ Commas in a list.
- Geography Natural disasters - Why do some natural disasters cause more damage than others?
- Science: Rocks
- Computing: Being Safe Online
- RE: Hinduism Would celebrating Divali at home and in the community bring a feeling of belonging to a Hindu child?
- Music: Writing music down
- PE: Kwick cricket Indoor: multiskills
- French: I am learning French
- Art: Gestural Drawing with Charcoal Making loose, gestural drawings with charcoal, and exploring drama and performance
- PSHE: Being me in my world
Art gallery visit
In the beginning
Hook: Green Zone /Cave experience
- Maths: Addition and subtraction, multiplication and division
- English: Poetry: Similes Narrative: Sci Fi Back in time.
- SPAG: Expanded noun phrases/ adverbs of time/ Apostrophes to mark plural and single. Variation in sentence structures.
- History: Changes in Britain from the Stone Age to the Iron AgeWhat did prehistoric people ever do for us?
- Science: Forces and Magnets
- Computing: information technology: internet research and communication
- RE: Christianity Has Christmas lost its true meaning?
- Music: Playing in a band
- PE: Tennis Indoor: Dance
- French: Salutations
- DT: Textiles
- PSHE: Jigsaw Celebrating difference
Rock collecting at the beach
No Mountain High enough
Hook: Water Cycle model making
- Maths: multiplication and division, length and perimeter,
- English: Explanation- (Science) Light Recount – Newspaper Mabel on the Mountain.
- Geog: Mountains/water cycle: How does the water cycle work?
- Science: light
- Computing: Information technology: word processing
- RE: Christianity Could Jesus heal people?
- Music: Composing using your imagination
- PE: Football Indoor Gymnastics
- French: numbers and colours
- Art: Cloth, Thread, Paint Explore how artists combine media to create work in response to landscape. Use acrylic and thread to make a painted and stitched piece.
- PSHE: Dreams and goals
Mountaineering expert Virtual visit
Food for thought
Hook: Anglo Saxon day
- Maths: fraction A, mass and capacity
- English: Instructions- recipe Poetry – Modern verse
- SPAG: expanded noun phrases/ adverbs of manner / Correct use of present ect.
- Hist: Britain’s settlements Anglo Saxons 449BC-1066AD How and why did the Anglo Saxons settle in Britain?
- Science: Animals including humans
- Computing: Presentation skills
- RE: Christianity What is ‘good’ about Good Friday?
- Music: More musical styles
- PE: Athletics Indoor: Handball
- DT: Cooking
- French: Ancient Britain
- PSHE: Healthy me
Anglo Saxon day
Wild and Free
Hook: Betteshanger Country Park
- Maths: Fraction B, money and time
- English: Persausion – Travel Brochure Narrative – Story Myths Legends/ Traditional stories
- SPAG: Paragraphs Subheadings/ Prepositional phrases / quotations / Brackets
- Geography: GB isles What are the key iconic features of the UK?
- Science: Plants
- Computing: computer science: coding
- RE: Sikhism Do Sikhs think it is important to share?
- Music: Enjoying improvisation
- PE: OAA(CPD) Indoor: Basketball
- French: seasons
- DT: Making
- PSHE: relationships
Hook: Visiting scientist
- Maths: time, shape and statistic
- English: Non Chronological- Leaflet Scientist Poetry Performance / Acrostic
- SPAG: Correct use of simple present / Sentences that contain more than one clause using coordination and subordination.
- History: The Viking and Anglo Saxon struggle for the Kingdom of England to the time of Edward the Confessor 743AD-1066 Raiders or settlers: How should the Vikings be remembered?
- Science: Working scientifically Scientists and inventers
- Computing: computer science: coding
- RE: Sikhism What is the best way for a Sikh to show commitment to God? How do Sikh people worship and celebrate?
- Music: Opening night
- PE: Review term
- French: Animals
- Art: Making Animated Drawings Explore how to create simple moving drawings by making paper “puppets” and animate them using tablets.
- PSHE: changing me
Performance: Out and about